Terms and conditions
- All application documents have to be mailed to Ms. Uta Knoche by 1st of February 2019.
- Participants from US universities need to have a valid passport to travel to Europe.
- Non-US-citizens may need a VISA. Please keep in mind that LUH is providing health insurance, liability and accident insurance. If you need more specific insurances to obtain VISA, please acquire them yourself. It is your responsibility to take care of VISA issues on time.
- Program fees are due after receiving the official acceptance letter (usually around 1st of March 2019).
Leibniz Universität Hannover
Hochschulbüro für Internationales
IBAN DE81 2505 00000151 0483 94
Bank code 250 500 00
Account 151 048 394
Reference number: <will be handed in later>
If participation is cancelled after receiving the official acceptance letter, program fees will not be refunded.
Payment by credit card is not possible.
Bank charges may reduce the total amount received by LUH. Please consider to balance out the amount accordingly.
- Accommodation will be single dorm rooms with shared kitchens and bathrooms.
- German health insurance (including liability and accident insurances) is mandatory and included. Insurance is valid for all countries inside the European Union for the duration of the program.
- Participation in introduction week at the beginning of the program and final presentations at the end of the program is mandatory. Arrival and departure dates have to be set according to program dates, usually during the weekend before the start and after the end of the program.
- Participants will receive 12 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) which convert to a maximum of 6 US credit hours, depending on regulations at your home university.
- Transcripts will be sent out (scan and hard copy) to the participants' advisors shortly after the program's end (usually one to two weeks later).
- Please notice that housing needs to be cleaned and maintained by the participant and that it has to be left in the same condition as it was upon arrival. If rooms have to be cleaned after departure, the participant will be charged with the additional cleaning costs. Moreover, transcript will be held back until payment is concluded.